Pothole in the City of Wilmington

From Toi Crawford:

I need your expert advice. I filed a claim with the city attorney in February for damage to my car and my claim has still not been assigned to an adjuster. I spent quite a bit on repairs. Please let me know how I should handle this.

Our response:

The city likes to drag their feet in these matters. First off, do you have documentation that the city knew of the pothole? That will greatly help your case. But in any case, call the City Attorney’s Office and ask them about the status of your claim. That will help light a fire under them. Some people wait up to six months for a response — you’ve about reached that time frame. Call them.

I have been calling the City Attorney’s office every few weeks. I will also contact the street service department as noted on your web site. I will let you know how this works out.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *