La Cienega Damage
On January 12, 2016, Simon Classen reported this pothole at 401-407 S. La Cienega Blvd. (near the intersections of La Cienega and Burton Way/San Vicente):
Approx. size: Massive 2-3 ft wide and 0.5ft deep.
It broke the tires, rim and the alignment on my brand new BMW 650i. Approximately $1000 in damage.
Length of time it’s been there: Noticed it today.
Tired of the mean streets of L.A.? Potholes getting in the way of your smooth commute? Sunken asphalt, trenches, buckled and cracked roads getting on your nerves? Not to mention the damage to your pocketbook to repair your car?
Time to fight back.
Let's give City Hall a message: Fix our streets.
Send us an E-mail with a picture of your favorite pothole or bad road, and we'll post it to this Blog and forward it to the powers that be. Use our handy Pot Shots outline for describing your pothole, and send it to PotShots@LAPotholes.com.
For more about this site or about potholes and L.A.'s streets, click on our FAQ.
Support LA Potholes:
For the best in DVD & Blu-rays:
If you see a pothole and want to report it immediately, call 1-(800)-996-CITY or (800) 996-2489, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-4 p.m. The e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or use the Online Services Request Form that can be accessed at the LA City Services page, MYLA311. The link for the pothole request is the eighth under the "Top Service Requests" heading on the left.
L.A. now has a free app to report non-emergency issues to your local municipal and city hall government offices; issues include potholes, graffiti, missed trash collections, abandoned vehicles, downed trees, broken traffic lights, broken sidewalks, etc. There's one for the Android and one for the iPhone.
And if your car has been damaged by a pothole or bad stretch of road, consider filing a claim with the City of Los Angeles. A "Claim for Damages Form" is available online at the Office of the City Clerk. Or call the City Attorney's Office at (213) 978-7050 for assistance. Be sure to read the post Getting the City to Pay for Damages. Good luck.
And don't forget to complain to your City Councilmember. Here's a list of their e-mail addresses.
- Bottleneck Blog (L.A. Times)
- Bottleneck Blog: Pothole politics
- Bottleneck Blog: The cost of potholes
- BSS: How a typical pothole is formed and prepared
- BSS: Other Street Damage Problems
- Culver City Potholes
- Fix the City
- How to Get Reimbursed for Damages Caused by a Pothole (Maybe)
- KNX - A Guide To Potholes
- L.A. crews begin repairing thousands of potholes (2011)
- L.A. Pot Holes FAQ
- L.A. street repair agency riddled with problems, audit finds
- L.A. Times Street Quality Map
- L.A. Times: Putting potholes in their place
- Los Angeles Potholes
- Pothole damage: LA approves only 10% of claims; how you can file one
- Pothole info
- Road crews fan out across Los Angeles to fix potholes (2011)
- Santa Monica Potholes
- Study: L.A. Streets the Worst in the Country
- Why L.A.’s streets are so bad, and what we can do about it
- February 2017
- January 2017
- August 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- September 2015
- March 2015
- January 2014
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- September 2012
- July 2012
- April 2012
- September 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- April 2009
- April 2008
- March 2008